Sunday, September 2, 2012

IN LONDON!

I'M IN LONDON!
I've actually been here for nearly two days now, but I just now finally got my butt on to the internet.
Our flight went well, though neither Pip nor myself could sleep; there was a baby, an old man who snored, and the flight crew kept forgetting to close the curtain to their area, so the florescent light leaked through, and it kept hitting our seat directly. I used my headband as an eye mask.
Our time has been taken up mostly with shopping for necessities and unpacking, but Gary (the professor who is here with us) has been leading us around and getting us acquainted with the neighborhood.
The nearest tube stop is about a five minute walk, and the main classroom no more than 3, depending on when you hit the traffic light. The Tesco is 10-15 minutes away, but there is a Tesco Express around the corner from the flat, which is no more than 5ish minutes.

Today Gary took us out to central London and showed us around the theatre district, and took us to buy our books. We took the tube to the Westminster stop, and as we came up the stair out of the station, there was Big Ben. Just across the street. Looming and being impressive. Pictures will be up soon. We then passed the Eye, which is enormous, and made our way to the National Theatre, for the aforementioned books.

Pictures, more stories, etc will be up tomorrow, but for tonight I have to go finish reading and running lines...and sleep. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment