Friday, August 31, 2012

I'M ON MY WAY!

I'm currently sitting the Green Bay airport, waiting for my flight to Chicago, where I'll meet my friend Pip and we'll wait for our flight to London. My suitcase ended up being 44 pounds, which I'm quite proud of. I did have to sacrifice a pair of brown boots and a few other things, but I can live with that. I actually ended up having to switch suitcases after I had packed everything the first time because the pull-up handle wouldn't work. That was a tad frustrating, but I'm now using a bright purple suitcase, which is kind of fun...
My backpack is full to bursting, and I have a second bag that I'm taking on with my camera and a few other things in it, as well as my coat, which I wasn't going to even try to pack. Besides, it's apparently going to be quite chilly and windy in London when we arrive, so I might end up actually using it.

I have a five and a half hour layover in Chicago...blech...but Pip is planning to keep me company, which is very nice of him. When I told him he didn't need to bother he replied with "I once had a 9 hour layover in Detroit. I'm coming to keep you company." And I'm not going to argue, of course. We'll likely spend the time running lines and kicking up mischief. Our flight leaves at 8:00pm our time, and lands at 10:00am London time.We are, I think, the first group to get in, excepting two of our classmates who are landing at 6:00am because that's when the cheapest flights are. Poor things :\ Two of our friends land 10 minutes after we do, so we're planning to meet them somewhere in the baggage claim/customs area.

Anyway, we board in twenty minutes, so I'm off! More updates will come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment